How to enable remote login in SQL Server 2005
First of all, enable SQL Server Log In and configure a User to Log In. However, you can visit those two links if it requires.
Enable SQL Server Login in SQLServer 2005
Configure sa User in SQLServer 2005
1) Select Microsoft SQL Server 2005 from Start Menu, select Configuration Tools and click SQL Service Surface Area Configuration to open.
2) Now, click on Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections.
3) Select Remote Connection in left pane and check Local and remote connection in right pane as marked in the screenshot.
4) Now, click SQL Service Browser in left pane and change Startup Type to Automatic and click on Start button to start the service.
5) Open SQL Server Configuration Manager from Configuration Tools of SQL Server 2005. Check out if both of the services is running.
6) Write firewall.cpl in Run and run it.
7) In General tab, uncheck Don’t allow exceptions.
8) In Exception tab, click on Add Programs.
9) Browse the path for sqlserver.exe. The default path is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
10) Create another exception for sqlbrowser.exe. The default path is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe
Finally, now you can connect your SQL Server 2005 Express Edition remotely.
A Rahim Khan